Glamour Shots Maternity Portraits

During a trip to the mall last week, Fred and I were stopped by a photo studio representative from Glamour Shots. Apparently there was a special promotion going on - if we scheduled an appointment for either Thursday or Monday, we would get a free hair & make-up session with one complimentary 10 x 13 picture.

Fred says we were "easy pickings" because of my obvious baby belly, but I couldn't help it - what mother-to-be wouldn't want a memento of her pregnancy (especially since this has been such a long haul for me)? That being the case, I scheduled a photo session for 6:30 PM yesterday evening and wondered if we could afford more than just the free promotional offer. XD

To make a long story short, the photo session last night was a lot more fun and relaxed than I thought it would be. Ours was the last appointment of the evening, so we got a lot of special one-on-one attention (that, and the fact that I was obviously pregnant made the staff go out of their way to make me comfortable ♥). I love how my hair and make-up turned out (the artist on call wanted to "glam" me up as much as possible and did a wonderful job), and the photographer had some amazing ideas as far as poses were concerned.

Sadly we couldn't purchase all of the proofs (there were about 12 - 16 photos taken during the entire session), but we did end up buying our favorite 6 (in 4 different sizes and collage-form for the living room). A bit on the pricey side (as expected), but we were still happy with the finished product. The retouched proofs should be arriving in 5 to 7 days, so when they do I'll be sure to scan some copies and post them for future reference. =)

A word for the wise, though - splurging like this should be done only once every pregnancy (which means I have the next two to four years to pay off the bill XD).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you received your photos yet?